Now 2 Check-Ins! 500 Central Ave, Laurel, MS 39440 AND 414 Front St, Laurel, MS 39440
Laurel Main Street will be selling re-usable, collector-style wine cups for $15, which will allow you to walk around downtown enjoying unlimited wine tastings at all participating merchants.
Don't worry if you don't like wine - folks that wish not to partake in the wine are welcome to join in the fun for free! Over 30 downtown merchants and restaurants will be open and ready for a fun night downtown!
The entry tent will be at the corner of Central Ave. & Magnolia Street and at the Yard at Laurel Mercantile on Front Street.
- $15.00 per person per wine tumbler
- must be 21 to purchase/ ID required Here’s What You Need to Know Before You Go:
How do I get a Laurel Main Street wine tumbler?
- There are two ways - online, pre-event via Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/.../wine-down-downtown-spring... ) and The Laurel Main Street tent the night of the event. The tumblers are of limited quantity each month and will be sold first come first serve so it's best to reserve your cup via online purchase as soon as possible.
- The tent will be set up at the intersection of Central Ave. and Magnolia St. (or the Front Street location) and will serve as the entry point for the event. Stop by the tent to purchase your wine tumbler ($15, cash only) and pick up an event map. Don’t forget your ID! LMS volunteers will check IDs and stamp hands at the event tent - for online tickets as well. Only those 21 and older are allowed to purchase wine tumblers. If you forget cash, don't worry - there are two ATMs downtown at Rasberry Financial and BancorpSouth.
- Please note: We only serve tastes — equivalent to about a 2 ounce pour. Pours will be limited to 1 pour per person, per location. Wine will only be poured into Laurel Main Street wine tumblers and the tumbler changes each month, so the tasting is $15 each time for the tumbler of the month. The tumblers are of limited quantity each month and will be sold first come first serve.
Where should I park?
- Free parking is available throughout downtown, with plenty of overflow parking on the outer edges of downtown.
What about the kids?
- Kids are welcome! Our two downtown parks will also serve as a place for children to enjoy during the festivities. For the safety of all the children, we ask that they be supervised in the parks and stores.
What kind of wine will be available?
- Every participating merchant will have a different type of wine - come with a curious expectation to taste all SORTS of wine...with some really interesting, unexpected selections scattered throughout. Selections change each month, too!
What if I don’t want wine?
- Folks that don’t drink wine or don’t want to participate in the tasting are still welcome! We encourage everyone to come! Beer/Liquor/water/non-alcoholic drinks can be purchased from downtown restaurants.
Where’s the closest restroom?
* Shug's and the Laurel Mercantile are generously providing public restrooms for this event.
*We encourage everyone to plan to eat dinner at one of our fabulous downtown eating options - all will be listed on the event map!
*The walk-able downtown area is considered a Social District and follows the “to go cup ordinance” approved by the City of Laurel. However, open container laws still apply. Please do not bring a cooler or backpack of your favorite beverage. You will be in violation of open container laws.
*Special thanks to our volunteers, downtown business owners, the City of Laurel and sponsors!
Date and Time
Friday Jun 17, 2022 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM CDT
Friday, June 17
500 Central Ave.
414 Front St.